Help us tell a unique Sarasota story
Our editorial team is looking for Sarasota centered stories in the following categories.
Submissions do not need to be focused purely on Sarasota, but they should have some tie back to the local community.
What we are looking for
- Storylines which are connected to our region, but relevant to a larger national audience.
- Stories that showcase Sarasota, but also highlight issues which are relevant to other similar sized communities.
- High quality multimedia content (Video, audio, written, visual art, podcasts, reviews, etc.)
- Expert op-ed pieces that fall inside one of the categories above.
What we are not looking for
- Advertorial or self promotional content
- Obscene or sexually explicit content
- Storylines which are not directly relatable back to Sarasota or which fall outside of the four major categories listed above
- Averages 80K+ people a month (as high as 250K) and is growing steadily
- Is almost evenly split between male and female
- Is primarily between the ages of 25-44
Content submission process
- Fill out the form on this page
- SU editorial team reviews submissions at a weekly production meeting
- Check your email for further instructions regarding your submission
If your story is selected
- You will receive a notification at the email address you used to submit your story
- You will be expected to work with the Sarasota Underground editorial team to find the most effective way to help you tell your story. (video, written, photography, etc)
- Production expenses will be incurred at the discretion of the Sarasota Underground
- We will produce (if necessary) and highlight your story across the appropriate social and online channels.
Other things to consider
- Submissions are open to the public
- Preference will be given to submissions from our Creative Partner network